Monday, March 26, 2007

Unexpected



I know these things will happen. And yet when they do sometimes I am taken aback. Perhaps it is not the events but the quickness and slowness of my emotions that are unexpected:

Strollers in the spring puddles slow
Questions from yet another woman I haven't seen in awhile from prenatal swim class--Did you have a boy or a girl? slow
The last report on Gordon...nothing new learned...he was normal quick
A song of praise thanking God for being there quick
"How are you?" asked so gently by my husband quick
Being able to take off my wedding and engagement rings for the first time quick
Reading letters I wrote to Gordon in the spring and the summer slow
A beautiful e-mail from my sister quick


It is like a dance--slow, slow, quick, quick, quick, quick, slow, quick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((hugs)))

Nin said...

As I look at that painting this is what comes to me...
Even in the chaos and surprises, even when there is no pattern to follow, even when it seems like life, our emotions, our ups and downs seem to be all over the place with no rhyme or reason.....to our Heavenly Father, and others who watch us, we are still an amazing masterpiece that displays beauty and wonder.
"a marvelous reflection, the image of Yourself and me, You paint with strokes of Grace, unveiling my disguise, You say beauty lies in the true story." -Ginny Owens