Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm painting flowers



I've decided to bring spring indoors. I've chosen some photos of orchids from our trip and I'm painting them. It's been a long time since I have painted anything. It feels good. This past weekend was enjoyable. Saturday night after visiting at Rob and Sue's, John and I went to The Bassment to listen to two Jazz groups. It was great.

7 comments:

armacleod said...

Wow. Those look amazing. Now, if I could only write as well as you can paint ;)

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Hey- I'm painting too! Well, trying to. So far I have painted the jeans Ivan is wearing in a picture. It should take me the next year to finish it! ha, ha. I like to think we're painting together ;) This is my first one on canvas, so that is an adventure. It's more slippery, but I like it. Maybe I'll learn to paint looser eventually.

Heather said...

Love the paintings! I took an art class with Sarah a couple of years ago thinking it would be a "bonding" time with Sarah and I thought I was kinda creative - discovered I'm not creative that way LOL But we did have fun together at the class and practicing at home.

Anonymous said...

You are so talented jennifer-wonderful work!! I almost thought you'd bought some orchids from Dutch!!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Those are really good pictures. I wish I would have a bit more time to be creative like that. But usually I just do art when it's someones birthday or something like that. *sigh* Maybe later...

Nin said...

wow, God has gifted you!
We love the bassment, I forgot about that place it's been such a long time... thanks for the reminder : )

Janet said...

Beautiful flowers! What a wonderful talent. I only paint when I have a stencil in hand.