Friday, March 16, 2007

Ahh waiting...


Much of my life has included waiting. Now is no exception. I was watching the news tonight and saw a report on a family who has been given the official status of being in limbo--waiting for the government either to accept them or deport them. I feel as though we are in a bit of a limbo now. After waiting for what seemed like so long, we are waiting to wait again. I cannot say I like it.

Teachers were recently given a survey regarding work and health/stress. I found that so many of my answers towards work have to do with my new uncertainty. Will I go to another school? Will I stay? Do I want to stay or go? Will I go back to full-time? What do I want to teach in the fall? Rather than be anxious I need to wait. Peace and patience are fruits of the Spirit....how I need these sweet tasting fruits now. Consider the lilies of the field--they toil not. I know I'm not alone in this; I know of many near and far who are waiting too. It's strange, nine years ago I wrote a song for my friends Jay and Shannon's wedding about waiting. One of the lines was "God release me from this waiting so I can celebrate or grieve!" While looking for their song I found this other song I wrote about an experience I had in July of 2002. I was literally waiting to be rescued from the waves on Kingsmere Lake:

Even though I do not know the outcome
You are there, Lord you are there
Can't imagine it taking this long
You're still there, Lord you are there

Telling me to wait, have a little patience
Yes, you know that I'm feeling scared
So you'll take care of all the courage
And in the waves you are there, Lord you are there

The tears that come from my rescue
are relief, thanks and vanished fears
Didn't know you could use this
To help me see
You are there, Lord you are there.


And He is there in the waiting. (And Gordon, well he is waiting up.)

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Jennifer,

I remember that day on the lake very clearly. It is a very different situation from what you are going through now but the fact remains that God is there with you like he was on the lake. Thank you for sharing your grieving heart. I love you.