Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Date Night



I know those of you who are reading care about how I am doing. Well I am okay. Some moments are better than others, as are some days. Last night John and I had a date night. We ate out, went to the Mendel, grabbed a take out dessert at Calories (which we did not eat but put in the fridge) and then went to Night at the Museum before heading home. I must admit it was a pretty fun date night. We almost had the entire theatre to ourselves, but another couple came as the movie was about 5 minutes in. I laughed a lot and enjoyed the silliness and good natured humour. I haven't watched a serious movie in some time and don't really plan on it. So if any of you are needing a 'just good fun' movie I recommend it. It did the trick last night.

As for the last post...I spoke too soon. Winter came back in full force today: cold, windy and plenty of snow falling. At least it shouldn't stay for long.

5 comments:

Lady J said...

So glad to hear you getting back to a somewhat regular life (I know it will never be regular again, but you know what I mean). Happy to hear that you went out and enjoyed yourselves. I have not seen the movie yet, but my Dad took Harrison and once he got over the fear of the giant T-Rex, he loved it too!!! Perhaps I'll have to have a little date night of my own and check it out!

Nin said...

Glad to hear you and your hubby were able to be blessed in one anothers company.
I relate with much in your last post, it's funny, I posted on the same thing on the same day. I love how God will move in many at the same time. Spring is good....God's timing of it all is muchly needed. :)

Anonymous said...

I am also glad that you had such a good night. It always helps, doesn't it?

As for the winter...well here in Ireland the spring is here. Flowers, mild weather, sometimes even sunshine. And today, as I was walking to town I had this smell in my nose that so reminds me of spring back home. It made me feel a bit homesick, a bit sad too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn, keep on truckin. It's good to hear how you're doing. If you want a non-serious rental movie you should try "Stranger than Fiction." We rented it last weekend in Med Hat with my parents. We all liked it & my dad loved it.

Trail Rider said...

I've been wanting to see that movie. people are saying that it's really predictable....is it?

Love Ecc. thanks for posting on that.
take care jenn