Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Gordon's Story


Back in December I knew I would have to put our experience and Gordon's story into words. I needed to find a way to tell our future children, (as well as our niece and nephew and future ones), about baby Gordon. And so I wrote a story. At the same time I thought of who I wanted to tell the story in illustrations and that person is Robin Adair. Today we will be getting the first draft of his work and I am so excited to see it. This blog itself is helping me to grieve.
The writer of the proverb "pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones," was right. I have received many sweet and healing words from others.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed by you and your energy and creativity. It's the same with Angela. All the things you creat are so amazing to me. I am looking forward to read what you wrote and to see what pictures will go with it.

Love you and John!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your story of Gordon. What a wonderful thing to do Jennifer.Cool picture too!! of two special people! Thanks for your sharing your blog and your faithfulness to your God. Continued prayers are offered up for you and John. You are 'special'
Sharon

Lady J said...

What a wonderful way to honour little baby Gordon, to help yourselves heal, to tell all of your other unborn children about their brother, to share with the rest of your family and to always remember. I hope you share Gordon's story with us on your blog. I know we would all love to read it.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Will there be a way to reproduce it? Would Robin mind if we made a copy? Just an idea. If not, we'll just have to read on visits. I can't wait to see the finished version. We love you both and our little nephew.

Pamela said...

I think that is a wonderful way to share Gordon's story with his future siblings and his cousins. You and John are in my prayers.

armacleod said...

I am amazed by your heart Jennifer, and I look forward to reading that book someday. I also agree with Angela, maybe you could look into getting a publisher to make a copy or two, but only if that's your wish. Otherwise I'll just come over to visit from time to time. :)

Trail Rider said...

I've been around. reading your blog, but having some troubles logging in. so havent' been commenting. you have so many good things to say, you are so encouraging. Just wanted you to know thatyou are still in my thoughts and prayers.
Love your post on the word. makes me think of how I'm teaching my kids verses. At the time, it doesn't really seem to make much impact and at times, they don't even seem that interested. I was encouraged by this, that someday, it will bear fruit!
Blessings jenn.

Anonymous said...

Well, what can I say? It has been forever since I have heard from you but Monica clued me in to your blog so I am catching up. So much has happened - to us all! I just wanted to let you know that I think of you often and pray for you and your husband almost daily.
Laura (VanDyke) Miner