Thursday, February 01, 2007

Back to work...3 months have gone


I'm not sure what I was dreading more--another month marker of Gordon being gone or going back to work. And yet I'm ok and work today went well. I received many hugs in the hallway from kids welcoming me back. That had to make me feel good! I overheard one boy say to another--"You should hug the teacher. " The one who was told to hug me was making a big deal of it, "EW!" so I went up to him and gave him a giant squeeze. And then I had to hug the boy who was "daring" him as well--bright red face. Everyone laughed and I actually think he wanted a hug but didn't know how to...being a boy in grade three and all. I'm glad I feel physically well to be back to work because my kind of teaching can demand a lot of energy (Phys. Ed. and drama today). And so I am also grateful that I am just doing afternoons for now. Thanks for those who have been praying about my return to work. Prayer does work.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn,
You are looking great. I was thinking about you knowing February was coming up. It's nice that your starting work at the end of the week.

Janet said...

I am so glad to see you smiling after your first day of work! I did think of you often today and prayed for you.

Anonymous said...

Was thinking about you last night and today Jennifer and what a great picture--a good looking teacher!!and glad it went well for you.
Love to you and John
Sharon (& Bob)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn;
I'm glad that your day went well...I know how hard going back was for you...so was praying for you (as I always do...but extra).I KNEW that God would give you the strength and peace that you needed when you needed it...Love Sue

Madame Angela Baggett said...

We love you. We know that it took courage to go back too and are glad your first day was so good and that you were able to spread some of your love around, (if it was wanted or not- hee hee). I guess we have something in common. I used to be called the hug lady at Isaiah and made everyone hug me when they came in. I remember a couple of adolescent boys who hated it, but there was always a smile lurking behind their coat collar.

Heather said...

Glad your first day back at work went well, hugs are a wonderful thing! The fact that you got lots of hugs, even from "daring" young men speaks to you as a teacher and person.
Blessings, Heather

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are back at work. Yet another little piece of normality. (Is that the right word.) I know you will do a good job and that it will help you.

armacleod said...

We are all proud that you survived the test of going back to school. I know that you will be able to succeed with this ongoing chapter in your life.

Anonymous said...

Jenn, you are looking really really good! am so glad everything went so well the first day back. First days can be scarey!
J'nea

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
Wow, I went back teaching about 2 and a half months after Nathan died.....I needed to and thought I wanted to. But it was hard and my head went cuckoo occasionally. I am going to seriously pray for you as this getting back into 'normal' (ha!) life is hard at this point. Allow yourself to be whatever you are at the moment. You are not alone...God is ahead of your every step, girl. love you lots, Rebecca