Friday, January 05, 2007

Bye Bye




When Ivan was finished something, or he needed to be finished with something, he'd often say "Bye Bye," with the knowledge this wasn't forever. For example he loves his Baby Einstein DVDs so when it was done he would say "ByeBye Einstein." When his parents went on a couple dates he said, "Bye Bye Mommy." Even while she was already gone and he was remembering that she was gone he would say "Bye Bye Mommy." So Bye Bye Ange and Brian, Ivan and Dominique (and Andrea too!) It's hard to have family far away, (yes Jim and Susan this means you too). I am very grateful for the time that Jim and Susan (and Rosie their dog) were here in November. It helped sharing with them and Rosie was a fantastic distraction. Over the holidays it meant a lot to have Ange and Brian and the kids here...I needed them. It was good to hold them and love on them--like they say in the South. For the short time they were here my niece and nephew filled a need in me. I miss them now but am grateful that they have such wonderful parents. Thank you Ange and Brian for letting Mom and I babysit them while you were here and for raising them well. It was good to hear Ivan's expressions, from his spontaneous "I love yous" to his morning "Sleep good?" questions. It was good to see all the advances Mimi was making while she was here. For those who are wondering, it wasn't difficult holding them. I loved holding them. It's the letting go that's difficult. It is also remembering that look of recognition in Dominique's eyes that I did not have with Gordon that is difficult. ByeBye we'll see you again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always wonderful to have family around you over the holidays. I am glad you had a nice visit. I can't wait to see everyone and I wish I could have seen Ang in person with her little ones. But soon I will get the chance. Love!

Trail Rider said...

the pics are so great! the one of your mom and dominique!

Anonymous said...

We love you Jennifer & John.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I miss being with all of you so much already. I miss picking up the phone and just calling to say "hi" knowing that you were only 20 minutes away at any time. When did you get the pics with the kids, mom and dad? Don't remember that unless it was when we went to the movie? Ivan's been telling everyone where he's been and lists off the whole family. He was convinced that Omeal (sic) was on the plane when a bald black man sat behind us and kept saying: Where Omeal? Omeal sleeping?... I finally told the guy that Ivan thought he was my cousin.