Thursday, December 07, 2006

The word

Someone quoted on Sarah's blog, Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." So I went to look up the Beatitudes--(strange spelling I know). I found more comfort from verse 8: "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how these verses are both the most comforting and the most difficult to understand at different times in our lives. How amazing is Christ to give us such profound words on life.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

So really it should say: "Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted as they read verse 8" ;) There are so many scriptures that take on new meaning now with what we are going through in our grief. Some helpful and some not as much. I know we talked about this before, but Job really didn't get any answers to the WHY? and I am learning to live with that. I don't like it, but know that some day it will all be made right.

Anonymous said...

Angela, I feel like what you said is true. It resonated with me. There is just no clear answer to 'why' although in time some blessings will be able to be seen, perhaps even now. But yes, accepting and living with the ache of not understanding why is made easier knowing God will make all things new, things will 'be righted' all according to His will in His time. I so look forward to the 'end' of all time, when He does this. I picture little Gordon and my little Nathan being made 'right' and being fully mature spirits in the Lord. Perhaps I've got it wrong, but it comforts me. Peace to you and your family.
Blessings,
Rebecca McMillan