Monday, December 18, 2006

Backblog


The airport proposal was not the first I have witnessed. (I am not including my own here.)
Although John and I knew about Brad proposing to Pella before, during and after, (soon after is when we got to see them and enjoy the newness of it), we actually witnessed a proposal on our honeymoon.

Any fun proposal stories out there?

6 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

In this photo the guy had asked us to take a photo. He also said not to be alarmed if she screamed. Next thing we knew he was down on one knee. So of course John had to take a photo with our camera. We don't know who they are but I hope that their marriage is good and strong.

John proposed to me at midnight after his birthday. (He told me he'd be asking sometime after his birthday). Guess who planned the whole evening for his birthday? ME! We got dressed up, ate out with another couple, and then we (friend and I)decorated my house and had fondu chocolate strawberries and a movie that John liked as a kid called "Rad." When the couple left just after midnight, I gave John some gifts. Some of which included some silly rings--He always commented on how guys should be able to get a ring for engagement. He was sure I was "on to him" and his plans. I wasn't. At first he gave me one box (it was a joke ring) then took it away before I could open it. (He thought better of it.) I was so confused when he gave me another small box. When he asked I barely heard what he said. I know my joyous crying was ugly...He actually admitted he was concerned when I kept on for quite sometime.

Oh how glad I am to have a man I can cry with now. He has seen me in every state and loves me. That's what it is all about.

Anonymous said...

Steve proposed to me when we got home from a friends wedding...after 8 years of dating!!! He had been asking me all night to go for a walk at the wedding, but I kept refusing... I was having too much fun to leave!! Finally, when we got home he leaned over, in the car, in the apartment building parking lot,and asked me to marry him!! I was so giddy and happy and joyful!! He was so exasperated because he had been trying to ask me all night!!

I too Jenn, love that Steve knows me and has "seen me in every state" and still loves me! It is a wonderful blessing!!

Take care and have a wonderful Christmas!!

JC

Lady J said...

I love your engagement story...the part about you doing the "ugly cry" for quite some time made me laugh, imagining that! That is the first time in a long time that I have laughed and not cried reading your blog...thanx for the laugh! I don't really have any interesting engagement stories and am still waiting for one of my own...I'll let you know how it turns out when/if it ever happens!

PS Give Angela and the kids a big hug from us!

Trail Rider said...

been thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

No engagement story, yet. *lol* Who knows when that might happen. But it is wonderful that sometimes the most planned things don't work as well as they should. That's why I think you shouldn't plan things perfectly fine till the very detail, it will not work anyway.

Laurie said...

When Rolland proposed to me in September 1997. He took me on a picnic in a park in Edmonton. We had nice picnic, with sparkling apple juice, sandwhiches, and Kinder surprises! Inside my kinder surprise was an engagement ring!!!He worked very hard to put that ring in there without wrecking the egg, and carefully wrapping it back up. I would of never known! I knew we would some day get engaged and married, but just didn't know when! We had a camera with us so we decided to take some fun outdoors engagement pics. He set the timer, ran to the fence that I was leaning on.....and just has the photo snapped, the fence post running horizontal colapsed.....and the picture shows it all! It was quite comical.

Laurie B.

PS. I hope and pray you have a wonderful Christmas, with all the love surrounding you! Merry Christmas!