We have hear the word "devastated" so many times recently. Thank you for sharing our pain and feeling with us. But I'm not sure this is the right word for us. I looked it up: devastated
adj : made uninhabitable; "upon this blasted heath"- Shakespeare; "a wasted landscape" [syn: blasted, desolate, desolated, ravaged, ruined, wasted]
Please know that although our home, my body and our hearts have been truly hurt and will continue to hurt...there is still room for life to inhabit us and fill us.
From 2 Corinthians 4:
"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed."
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
When Gordon's eyes opened for the first time that is what he saw...what is unseen to us: eternal glory.
Time has slipped away on us in our grief. Has it been a week? What time of day is it now? We are not meant to see with God's eyes, or understand His time.
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
I agree "devastated" does not fit you at all.
You are an example in your strength and sharing.
When my heart is aching and tears are flowing for you both, I am reminded of your strength and faith in Him, and I am then reminded of my faith in Him and know that Gordon has known nothing but peace and comfort - inside your womb and in His arms. Thank you for allowing us to share your grief.
JC Jenn
One of the most encouraging things you told me after you first found it was, "we want to have other children" and while it is way too early physically and I'm sure emotionally as well, I knew you would be all right and that there would be healing and time for growing, birthing and bringing forth life once again. I've heard of several woman (cousin Kathy included) who went on to have 4 children after loosing one. About Jesus' death, it says that his body was a seed that fell to the ground and brought forth life. I know that we are made in His image and there is life coming from Gordon's death. Thank you for helping us choose the right words to describe our emotions and feelings of loss and hope.
That passage in 2 Corithians is my all time favourite scripture passage. It says so much. God bless!
I've been thinking about you as you hit the one week mark. You both are truly an example to us in how you are dealing with your grief. We love you!
jenn and john
may you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at this time. your strength and faith speak volumes at this time and even in your sorrow you are great examplees for us. may you feel God's presence like you never have before as he continues to comfort you through this time.
jackie
Dearest Jenn and John,
"His strength is made perfect when our strength is gone"
I can see God's power and strength emanating in and through your lives, in each of your words. The Lord has truly used you to strengthen and comfort me. Your testament of faith, hope and undying love has been such an encouragement to me.
When we run to Him, He embraces us, holding us close in His tender arms of love. We can find rest and assurance as He draws us near, wiping away every tear. Oh to know, that we can abandon our lives to Him and that God is UNDER CONTROL.
I have truly been strengthened by you my dear friends. You have blessed my life. I love you! God bless and keep you.
All my love hugs and prayers. Scott and Mano
Wow! You are an amazing woman of faith, Jenn! Thank you for pointing us to God, for sharing your grief and hope, and for helping us to find peace. Can't wait to hug you tomorrow! Janet
What a wonderful example you are sharing with us all. May God give you peace and comfort as you rest tonight and go through tomorrow. Love & prayers,
Sharon(&Bob)
Praise the Lord! Amen! What beautiful thoughts you've shared. Isn't that wonderful that God continues to fill us with his holy spirit, that even when we don't know what to pray, the Holy spirit even knows our moans and groans. Continued prayers of God's love, peace and strength! Oh how wonderful that the love of God never ceases. Blessings!
Dearest Jenn and John,
You guys have been in our thoughts and prayers this week during this tough time. Through your words on your blog you have allowed us to cry with you over the loss of Gordon but also to rejoice with you in the faithfulness of God. May you truly come to know him as the great Comforter in this time. We love you guys...thank you for your example to us all.
shannon
I appreciate the example that you are to me. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
You are in our thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time. Thank you for sharing Gordon's story with all of us. It helps us to remember what is important in life ~ the love of family and friends and faith in God. We appreciate your honesty and openess and can feel your strength in your words, and we are awed by it. May you find healing in knowing that Gordon is your very own guardian angel, and is with God, smiling down on you now to give you strength when you need it the most.
All our love,
Jeannette and Harrison OX OX OX
John and Jenn,
Know that you are being lifted up in prayer today, Friday, as you have a special time to reflect on and honor Gordon and the goodness of our God. I trust that the love and support of your Christian family - through physcial touch and hugs - as well spiritually through many, many prayers will minister to you. You are loved and held in the highest esteem for your example and faith.
With love,
Carolyn (Wiebe) Brednich
A beautiful and perfect baby who is now a beautiful and perfect angel.
May God bless your family.
Our thoughts are with you today, as you celebrate and honor Gordon. Your words of wisdom are amazing and so many of us can learn from you. And I think all of us are growing spiritually stronger! Please consider our thoughts and prayers, as hugs we are sending your way.
Love in Christ,
Laurie and Rolland Bouchard
So sorry to hear of your loss. Surround yourselves with the people who care about you (there appear to be many), and let them take some of your load. God bless.
Stephen Bell
I don't know if you know me, Jenn but Carolyn told me about what has taken place and it broke my heart to hear of the loss of your son but I have been encouraged and uplifted by your faith in our Heavenly Father and I want you to know that I am praying for you and your husband. I know that each day will be marked with a milestone of time but God knows your hearts are broken and may He heal you with His eternal love. How much sweeter Heaven is as we remember those who have gone on before us. Your are an amazing person and thanks for sharing.
Love you,
Erna Wiebe
Post a Comment