![]() | ![]() |
![]() | ![]() |
This notice will be in the Saskatoon Star Phoenix. We wanted people to know that the internment service is open if you would like to come...we welcome hugs! The Precious Moments ceramic was given to us by our small group, its name: Safe in the arms of Jesus
Gordon Hector Wallace knew life in this world through his mother’s womb, as we waited with great expectation for nine months. He was born straight into the arms of God, Thursday, November 2nd at 1:02pm. He is survived by his parents, John & Jennifer Wallace, his grandparents Ian & Ruth MacLeod and Rob & Sue Wallace, his aunt Angela (MacLeod) & uncle Brian Baggett, his uncle Andrew MacLeod, his uncle Jim & aunt Susan (Puff) Wallace, his aunt Jessica Wallace, his great-grandparents Inez Williamson and Bob & Olive Wallace, his cousins Ivan and Dominique Baggett and a host of extended family. He is missed and loved by many here who wanted so much to meet and know him. We do not know why he left us so early, yet through his leaving, we have been met with profound love, support and compassion; for that we are grateful. We look forward to being greeted by him some day in heaven. We are thankful for the many prayers and people who are ministering to us now. We ask that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in Gordon’s honour to the Canadian Diabetes Association. A short internment service will be held at the Woodlawn Cemetery, Friday, November 10th at 2:00pm. Following the internment will be a time to visit at the Saskatoon Church of Christ, 134 Cardinal Crescent.




20 comments:
Dear John and Jennifer, I am having a hard time finding words. I've tried several times this past few days (unsuccessfully), so I await the time when I can give you both hugs to let you know how much our hearts are aching for you. Love from LaWanda
Jenn and John
We are so sorry for your loss. May you continue to find strength in Him as you go along this journey. Take care.
Jenn (JC), Steve and Jessie Lyster
Hi John and Jennifer,
My sister just let me know about all of this tonight. She didn't want to tell me because it is my birthday, but I wanted to know and thanked her for letting me know. My prayers and thoughts are with you and you know the assurance of our Lord about Heaven. Am just starting to read Randy Alcorn's book entitled "Heaven" What an awesome writer - this is going to be one of his best. So now our little Karsten (grandson) will have another playmate to get to know. It has been five years for us and his memory just grows more precious with time. Abba's blessing upon you this night.
Ron Kalinchuk (kayaker@mts.net)
Dear John and Jennifer,
Our hearts are with you in your sorrow. May you find comfort in all these communications from those who love you and care so much. Wrap them around you like a soft blanket and feel the love sent your way. Our prayers are for you and we honor your little son, Gordon, as a blessing.
Love, Stan and Maxine Bell
Just wanted you to know that we are deeply saddened for your loss. YOu will continuely be in our prayers.
Love in Christ,
Rolland and Laurie Bouchard
Thank you for sharing all these steps with us, the pictures, the obituary. Your love continues to reverberate through your words, both to us and to Gordon.
Dear John & Jennifer,
It was three years ago that we lost a baby boy in my second trimester. At that time I was able to grieve by writing. Let me share some of that with you:
We didn’t know …
When you were first formed
When you were knit together
When the Master began his special work in you
We loved the thought …
Of who you might be
Of who you would become
Of another member of our family
We mourn for you …
That we didn’t hear you cry
That we will never know your face
That you were taken at such an early stage
We know you are…
In God’s hands tonight
In the presence of the loving Master
In the perfect place for you to be
We love you …
Seth Alexander Enns-Wind
We release you …
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
Dear Jenn & John ...
How awesome to know that the bond of Christ is one that draws so many of your loved ones near to you at this time. Although I do not know you on a personal level, I want you to know that you are being prayed for, that the comfort spoken of in 1 Cor will be felt in real and tangible ways as these days of healing evolve into months. Little Gordon will forever be in your hearts. I am waiting too for eternity, to meet a little one whom my husband and I never had the joy of knowing. May I share a little poem with you that I hung over the cradle in our nursery, that I had prepared for that precious baby, and that brought me comfort in those days to follow ...
Footprints
How very softly
you tiptoed into our world
Almost silently,
only a moment you stayed.
But what an imprint
your footsteps have left
upon our hearts ...
What selflessness you are showing in sharing this absolutely life changing experience with those around you in such an honest and transparent way ... I truly believe that God is going to honour you for your courage in doing that ... this is a true picture for so many of Christ's body of believers holding you up, and you authentically receiving that love in the way He intends us to. May you come to realize, over time, just how meaningful this has been for so many ...
May He hold you in the precious palm of His hand through the days to come ...
Praying for you,
Charlotte Peters (Wiebe)
(Swift Current ... attended WCC for 1 year, back in 91)
Thank you Jenn and John for sharing all this with us.
I will be in Dublin on that day but be assured that I will think of you.
With love,
Andrea
Dear John and Jennifer,
Our hearts ache with you and our prayers are constant for you, your family and for Gordon.
Love Bev, Alvin, Katie & Brandon
What's so neat Jen&John is to see how God IS wrapping his arms around you. To see how HIS peace IS physically carrying you through this to see how HE IS your strength that you are leaning on. It just awesome to see all the comments that people have written, their prayers and support, the tears they've shed and how their hearts ache. And the well-written words of your sister (and family) that this experience brings people into community. It is just amazing to see how God is holding you and John together, how you are cherishing each other and "loving" each other. How wonderful that Gordon's death continues to bring life. Thank you for sharing yourselves and your grieving with everyone and this awesome witness. Many blessings and continued prayers.
John and Jenn,
I am so sorry...
There aren't any magic words that will make the grief go away, but know you are both loved, and many prayers are being prayed for you.
Thank you for sharing so much of yourselves in the midst of your sorrow. You are both a testament to the strength and comfort we can get from God when we are willing to lean on Him and the people He puts in our lives. Thank you.
Lots of love,
Tracey
What a beautiful statement to make. "There are no rules for grieving, and many of you may not know how to speak with us, but please do. If this is just about our sorrow, and we don’t allow others to hurt with us, there is so little meaning in it" You said this so well, and I am sitting hear with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes even though I rarely get to be with you. We love you and will pray peace for you over the coming months.
S.Pippus
Jenn & John,
The words don't come easy. We were all anxiously waiting to meet Gordon. It's amazing how much love you can have for someone that you haven't met.
I will always consider you my extended family. I wish that there was something to do or say to ease you both through this time.
Everyone grieves in their own way. Thank you for allowing us to grieve with you.
Dear John & Jenn,
I am so sorry, I can't imagine the heartache that you are feeling. My kids and I have been thinking of you so much this last week. Please know that we love you.
Linda Ashby & family
I am a friend of Angela's and heard about your loss through her. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your baby Gordon.
I pray you find peace and love through this hard time.
Deana
Jenn (with two n's!) and John,
We've been keeping you and your families lifted up in prayer. Though we can not imagine your heartbreak we hope God's grace, blessing and peace will rain down on you in the coming days.
Love and prayers,
Jenn (also with two n's!) and Richard, Logan and Mikaela.
Jenn and John,
We were deeply saddened to recently hear of the loss of your son. I heard your heartbreaking news this past Sunday at church in Carman. As I read your story, tears filled my eyes because I was quickly reminded how precious and delicate someone's life is. We had some challenging obstacles to face during my first pregnancy this year as well with the last one regarding our baby's heart. The final ultrasound, at 3 days overdue, revealed our baby's serious heart condition. The heart specialist believes that I had a virus or infection that attacked our daughter's heart but I never had any ill symptoms. Immediately after her birth, she was taken to the Intensive Care Nursery and placed on heart medications to strengthen her heart. During this time, I prayed a lot, leaving things in God's hands as He is always there, day and night to listen to our concerns 24/7. I , once again, realized that God is in control. Remember to keep your eyes on the 'big picture'. In conclusion, her heart began to function normally again and she did not need to have surgery. I pray that God will give you both strength and comfort.
Sincerely,
Mandy (Toews), Patrick, and Larysa Scharien
Words are meaningless
except for the love they carry.
You are loved
so well
by so many.
Wrap yourself in that.
Be warm. Be loved.
Be well.
-Neil B-
Jenn and John,
I haven't talked to you in years Jenn, but I keep up to date on your life through the blogs of various people.
I wanted to let you know that Tim and I have been thinking about you guys and we were so sorry to hear about the loss of your son.
I am right now 30 weeks pregnant and your story has brought the reality of this pregnancy experience close to home. Your situation has made me realize that I can not count on the health and well being of this baby until I see it and hear it cry - even then it's life is in God's hands. I find that scary because it is something I can not control. I have also realized that I can not take the health of this baby or Elijah's (15 months) for granted. I need to hug and appreciate him each day.
I am so sorry for your pain, but I wanted to thank you for sharing it with me. You show such strength and trust in Christ. I admire the realtionship you must have with Him.
God Bless you both,
Tara, Tim and Elijah McMillan
Post a Comment