Sunday, October 29, 2006

Final Countdown



Well I had my last appointment. The baby is big (surprise, surprise). The ultrasound doctor estimated 9lbs 11oz. We shall see ;) The date is still set for Nov. 1st...fours days to go..or three. The last ultrasound pictures were hard to make out and so we only got a video copy--the baby's face was a bit squished, no room. I think both baby and I feel like it's time. Last night after supper, baby was really moving. After my last swim/ prenatal aquamotion class on Monday I said I'd have to miss Thursday because of a hair appointment (it will stay straight until water hits it!) I told my instructor that maybe I'd see her Monday the 30th. She told me to stay home and take a break; after seeing the way I was moving (barely moving) it might be a good idea. So we wait. John finished work Friday and will be done for awhile. He has lots of vacation and overtime days to use up. Yeah! In the meantime he and Dad worked on installing the dishwasher and then his dad came over to help put up more trim in the baby room. Hopefully this will be done soon and I'll post pics. The leaves outside will have to wait. It snowed again last night. Please pray for continued health and a sense of peace for us as we anticipate our little person!

8 comments:

Kimberley said...

Thanks for the update Jenn. I keep checking back daily for news in case there's an early arrival! You look great by the way.

Anonymous said...

We're excited for you guys. Looking forward to the news.

Anonymous said...

You look really beautiful although the little one is not so little. :) Hope you have some good days rest. I am waiting over here, counting the days, checking and making sure I get all the updates.

Love

pella said...

Hi there! You hair looks great and glad to hear that you're enjoying your last few pregnant days, getting loose ends tied up and relaxing! Blessings and lots of prayers to you this week!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Looks like I'm slow on the draw! I was going to call Fri. knowing you had your last appointment, but oh, well. I had a productive day getting some xmas stuff done- trying to get it all out of the way so that I can focus on making the clock. I am so totally excited. I can hardly wait to meet the newest addition to our family. Sounds like it's a good thing they are inducing. I never thought you'd have a baby bigger than Ivan! I think Dominique was staying in 'cause she wanted to beat Ivan's weight. If your's beats his weight with being induced- wow!!! No wonder you are waddling. At least I had some height for him to squeeze into. Your baby's probably folded up like an accordion! Can you tell I'm excited? I'll shut up now.

Maxine said...

Our prayers are with you and John as you wait these last days. What an exciting time. God bless you and baby through a safe delivery.
Stan and Maxine

Anonymous said...

Anxiously awaiting your news of your wee one John and Jennifer!
Sharon

Lady J said...

We can't take this waiting anymore! I keep checking your blog and Angela's blog...but NO news yet and it's already Nov 3! I hope all is going well and you are now a busy but exhausted new mom! We are praying for you! Hope to hear the news soon! Looking forward to the first pics too!

Love,

Jeannette and Harrison OX OX OX