Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Done work...for now





Well it's done. My last day of work was Friday October the 6th. My last day with students was the 5th. My first day off began Tuesday, October 10th. I was sent off with cards, hugs, some flowers and from some older students saying, "Congratulations on your retirement!" I had to smile. A colleague/vice principal lent me books to read; although first on my list is Sheena's Voice of the Valley--I'm almost done reading it--way to go Sheena! Other colleagues thought I was ambitious to be asking for reading material. Another teacher offered baby stuff if I come over and take what I need. From my co-workers we (John,the baby and I) received a Bunnykins piggybank from Birks--it is very sweet. John also gave me some gifts--5 representing my work week. I have to open them on different days. He is always thoughtful. It's strange to be done but I am happy. I was getting more and more tired and I am looking forward to the change. And what a change it will be! Ready or not for my new job, I am excited to become a mother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so great to have all those people thinking of you and sharing what they have.
And even though it seems right now that it will take a long time to come back, it will be short and you will wonder where the time has gone.