Sunday, September 17, 2006

What a weekend!




It is fall so John suggested a new wreath. He is good at thinking of traditions in our home. I like the welcome it sends. The change of season is definitely here. The work week seemed very long--rain, indoor recesses....but this weekend flew by. It was a good time. Thursday after Meet the Teacher/Staff BBQ I went to my prenatal swim class. There were 23 expectant mothers there that night. It was a fun evening. Even meet the creature/teacher was alright. I had a lot of little ones coming up to introduce their parents to their art teacher--who is having a baby. Lots of pats for the baby that evening. (One little girl in kindergarten became quite attached; when I told her I had to go, she asked me where I was going... "The bathroom," I replied. She piped up enthusiastically, "I know where that it is, would you like me to show you?" Ahhh I had to laugh.) I think my belly has become a more approachable extension of me...another entity that children are attracted to.

Anyways, on Friday John and I went over the Brad and Pella's for Japanese curry and a visit with Janet and Kellen. That was a nice evening. The next day we met up with Janet's friend Julia and her friends Allison and Carrie (sp?) at Calories for brunch. It was wonderful to visit with these women. It was a little odd that Janet (with Kellen) Julia, who is expecting in December and I were on one side of the table and Pella and Allison and Carrie were on the other. We sat next to a painting entitled, "My Qu'appelle Valley"--fitting because that's were Janet lives now. The group split up into three groups and Pella and I did a little shopping before the afternoon's end. We ended up seeing Janet, Kellen and Julia again back at Pella's--stopping in for nap time.


That evening John and I went to Rob and Sue's for supper and family time. It will be one of the last ones with Jim in Saskatoon--he got his transfer with Canada Post. Next week he'll go to Ottawa to be with Susan. We're hoping they'll come back in November for a visit to see their nephew or niece.

This Sunday marked the beginning of new small groups and a new book study--Second Guessing God by Brian Jones. I'm enjoying the book and we had a wonderful group time tonight. There are many pregnant women (Roy basically told Helen Roberts, "Pretty much everyone in the group is pregnant so you might as well come.") We got to see Janet and Kellen again and Stan and Maxine will be in the group as well. Lynn is in our group too. We're going to be a very flexible group--because of the new babies on their way.

I loved the discussion we had about God working in amazing ways as well as the doubts and pain of having a relationship with God. I recommend the book and I've only read six chapters.

4 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Lord bless all those beautiful babies! One fun thing with meeting up with ladies from our swim class again is seeing these amazing babies that were in us all along. You will get the opportunity to watch the little ones grow up! Very awesome. You'll get to say, "I knew you when you were in your momma's belly"

Great update.

Janet said...

It was a wonderful weekend! It was so good to see you and your belly. So glad things are going so well!

pella said...

Thanks Jennifer, it sure was fun looking at "sweaters" and "boots" with you! What a fun weekend. By the way - the flowers on the wreath look very pretty ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer!
That picture of us turned out pretty good considering how squished we were on that couch!
It was great to see you, you'll have to email me the rest of those photos, if you have the time.
(jewaschuk@hotmail.com)
Hope to see you again soon,
Julia