Monday, September 11, 2006

Great Expectation continued...


Well I admit it--it has been awhile. I am now 32 weeks and this ultrasound was taken at 31. We are already at two week appointments which will soon become every week. I have about a month of work to go. I plan on working until Thanksgiving. Our obstetrician asked us if we wanted to talk birthdays..."Ok," we said. "Do you have a preference?" "Not really," we answered. (It does seem strange but we already knew that I will most likely be induced, unless baby decides to make an early exit from my (womb and early entrance into the world.) And so our doctor suggested "November 2nd, I'm in the hospital that day." Perfect. And so that mystery (unless what I earlier stated occurs) is now gone. The baby will either arrive November 2nd or November 3rd. Yeah! Boy? Girl? Well now you'll just have to wait--we are! I am doing well. I am a little tired and definitely moving more slowly. We finished our prenatal birthing classes and tour at RUH and I am continuing my prenatal swim class. There are 20 women who came to the Thursday night class and only two I knew before. Who else thinks that there is a baby boom going on?! I'm convinced it is real. I am excited and well and looking forward to finishing some touches on the baby's room....When it is done I'll post some pics. I'll try not to make the next blog entry so far apart from this one.
(This photo is much harder to make out than our 17 weeks ultrasound. Baby is facing front, on his/her side. Baby is definitely bigger. The ultrasound doctor was saying that baby Wallace probably weighs four pounds--although ultrasounds have been wrong when estimating actual weight).

2 comments:

Monica said...

We're getting close now! It's hard to believe, and a little scary, isn't it?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

only 3 babies in ultrasound pictures have brought tears to my eyes, yours and mine. I just can't describe how incredible it is to see him/her there. You really do need to post more often when you are freer time wise. It feels like home when I come on and see that you have written anew. I'm so excited about the date!!! I wish so much I could be there. pictures, pictures, pictures!!! love you tons, and John and ESPECIALLY that little one! my kisses can hardly wait!