Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Great Expectation countdown


Well it is the final countdown. I am at 36 weeks. I am supposed to be induced at 39 weeks, Nov. 2nd. At my last ultrasound last week, (I'll be having one every week now), the baby was measuring in the 96th percentile at approx. 7lbs and 11oz. These measurements can be wrong but I won't be surprised if we have a big baby. I'm doing well and the baby seems to be doing well too. I started to pack the baby bag and get out my bag. We also took out the car seat last night. It's strange but there is something about a car seat that really struck me...our life is going to change, we are starting a family...we will never be the same. An amazing thing is going to take place in just three short weeks. As much as I am getting more uncomfortable at night I know that these three weeks will fly by. I want our baby to be ready. I want us to be ready. (Haha) And so I will wait patiently for our time to come.

6 comments:

pella said...

Yeah - how exciting. I'm sure you'll cherish these next couple weeks. Looking forward to meeting baby!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look great! Hope that you last weeks will be fun and you will enjoy this time. And I am looking forward to see pictures of the little one. Yet another one to keep up with. ;)

Madame Angela Baggett said...

You have grown since I saw you last, but pay no attention to J'nea, she said I looked big like twins too! I loved the poem and was glad to see it since I heard about it from aunt Marj and didn't get to hear it! I appreciate the pictures too. So, you never told us what was in the five bags, or are they secrets too? I'm looking forward to hearing the news of little one's grand arrival ;) love a most proud auntie !!!

Janet said...

So happy for you. I remembered it was your last day of work last week and was thinking of you! Hope you find your waiting time restful and relaxing. Keep us updated!

armacleod said...

I just hope that there's just one and not two in there. ;)

Seriously though, I'm proud of my sis. Can't wait to hear the news and the name. (Please don't use 4 though, I have trouble enough with 3 names.)

jenn with two n's said...

Thank you all. I'm hoping that I will have the time to enjoy the wait. Yep, I do feel huge but I don't think I'll ever be what you were J'nea! But you saying that affirms that the way I'm feeling has validity! I'm looking forward to sending pictures of the "little" one. ;)
I'm still opening the five gift bags.
Thank you all for thinking of me. Pray that all goes well in the days ahead.