Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Long Awaited News









Yeah! Dominique Celeste Courage Baggett was born today. Welcome! She's beautiful and healthy and big--almost as big as her brother was. See Angela's blog. Well I know some of you have been waiting to hear from me in awhile. Our computer has been down and so we purchased another hard drive. Anyways I'm back. There is much to catch up on. The school year ended well. It was hot. In our last week of school a deer came in and quickly exited the building....chased through the halls by excited kids--sorry no pics. My end of the year focus was on a mural we were working on for Saskatoon's Centennial. It was not easy considering the off and on rain. But we persevered. Since then we celebrated the first day off work and consequently the first of July with a canoe trip. It always marks the beginning of summer holidays for me. We were happy having a current to help us along the South Sask. River. It was just enough of a challenge for us this year. I do not recommend being five 1/2 months pregnant and trying to sleep or put on your socks on an air mattress. (Not easy and kind of deflates you--pardon the pun.) We made it home safely and with more colouring. Soon after we arrived in Saskatoon, we welcomed YoYo to our home the following day. She is from Taiwan and is taking ESL for the summer. She is 16 and a wonderful girl. We are so happy to be her family while she is here. We also had other guests last night. We are pleased that Shannon and Jason are back in Canada and that John will get to know these good friends. So I think that catches us up to today, Dominique's true birthday. What happy news. As for us, the baby and I are growing--23 weeks. John and I will celebrate our second anniversary on Monday. Wow time goes by quickly. God is good.

6 comments:

Monica said...

2 years already, wow! How time flies...
Your mural turned out great, I'm sure the kids are very proud of it!
And aren't you going to mention the wind on the canoe trip so people know just how tough we are?

jenn with two n's said...

Yes, I should definitely mention that most of the time we were faced with wind. I read your blog--looks good. For those wanting more of the canoe trip I should direct them to it: http://www.adventureswithroy.blogspot.com
BTW people--no messing with Monica Taylor or Jennifer Wallace. We are tough!

Yes, when I'm reminded that you and Roy have been married five years I have to smile. I still feel like being married is new, (even though I also feel like we've always been together). And now we're having a baby!

Ian said...

I'm glad that your hard drive has been fixed (or replaced) and that you can blog again. It was 100 degrees F. today which is about 35 degrees in a real temperature. We are packing up tonight for an early morning drive to D/FW tomorrow. Your mom has been a tremendous help to Angela. It's too bad that Dominique didn't arrive sooner. I got to change Ivan four times today!
Love dad

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Great to see you in the pics, you look fabulous! Thanks for the mentions of Dominique and I agree the mural looks great. Tell your guests hello from Texas!

Janet said...

I also am so glad you are back at blogging! Sounds like things are going great there. Glad you enjoyed the canoe trip. My next site I'll be visiting is to book tickets for Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan, so maybe I'll be seeing you soon!

shauna said...

Hi Jenn! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I have been peeking at your blog from time to time and have been excited to hear about all that has been going on with you. My sister-in-law is in the hospital right at this moment being induced! I am waiting at home for the call saying that my niece has arrived! Babies are a wonderful gift from God!!!! Hope all continues to go well with you and your preganacy! Just think one year ago (almost to the day) we were pretty in pink and celebrating Pella and Brad's beautiful day! Ahh the memories!