Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Our 2nd Anniversary







Two years have flown by. We celebrated and had a great day. John took the day off. I asked a friend and colleague, (the same family who loaned us the '55 Bel Air, thank you Sue!), if we could come over for a swim. I packed a lunch for us both. Unbeknownst to me, Sue had cold drinks, glasses and flowers set out for us. We had a wonderful secluded afternoon. Following that, John took us to the place we went for dinner the night we were to be engaged--Mykonos. It was very quiet and again we felt secluded. It was wonderful. Then we went home to some anniversary cake--made by the same place that did our wedding--Cakes G'lore. We later went to McNally's to use up some gift certificates we already had. We had a special day and made new memories together. I am so glad John took the day off. It truly felt like a holiday.

I am 24 weeks now. The book I picked up is: Click Clack Moo, Cows That Type

4 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Every day I have on my list skype Jen. I meant to call Mon. and wish you a happy anniv., then the next to see how it was. Ah well, now I got pictures and that beats all! You look absolutely fabulous by the way. Very beautiful and very happy. Hope you are enjoying your summer and glad that your anniversary was so special with all the little thoughtful touches.

Heimdahl said...

I love that story ... though I think I am one of the duck intermediaries. "click clack quack"
Andrew

shauna said...

Happy 2nd anniversary! Sounds like it was a great day! Congratualtions!

jenn with two n's said...

Thanks Ange and Shauna.

Andrew, I very much a mediator too. It's a story that definitely reminds me of Animal Farm.