Friday, July 28, 2006

Laveena Ann Gittins



Laveena passed away yesterday evening. She had many good visits with those who were able to go to be with her. She was able to reminisce and share good times and she recognized everyone. I will remember Aunt Laveena for her sense of humour--she was good at sharing stories and teasing her younger brothers. Her being the eldest probably contributed to her nurturing personality. In her profession and in all her interactions she took care of people. She became a recipient of that loving care in her last days here. Maureen Fleming and Norma Smith (her school buddies), visited too. Maureen said she was confident of where she was going and her main concern, of course, was for her family--those she was leaving behind. It could be easy to be angry at cancer; it also took her mother, Signe, at close to the same age. (It all seems very sudden and unfair. Uncle Wyn told me that her last day of work was June 2nd). Yet, I would rather take this time to remember to tell all my family I love them. Don't wait to tell someone this--our moments here are precious.
Today is Dad's birthday--I know he'll have a heavy heart. I love you Dad...we will continue to celebrate life as we mourn Aunt Laveena. Thank you for prayers.
Please continue to pray for her husband Wyn, her son Sion and her daughter Rhian.

This photo was taken two years ago at my wedding. Ian, Peter, J Warren (Uncle Duff) and Laveena. Uncle Archie is missing.

3 comments:

Heimdahl said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Andrew

jenn with two n's said...

Thank you Andrew. Thank you Andrea. Laveena passed away at 6:40 BC time--she is no longer in any pain. Dad called last night and so I was able to tell him. Pete and Marj and the girls are there. Sion flew in last night. Uncle Bill and Aunt Mary I think were on their way.

Monica said...

We're sorry for your family's loss.
We've been reminded this week that every day we have life truly is a gift, as we see how fragile life is.