
"...Words once spoken take a life on their own." I've always believed that words are powerful. My parents certainly let me know verbally as well as in actions that I was/am loved...daily. This book expresses the need for a daily blessing and the way to do this. It is based on biblical examples such as this blessing: "The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make his face to shine on you, And be gracious to you. The Lord lift up his countenance on you, And give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26 (Countenance: face, expression, image, favour/good will) While our baby hasn't arrived yet (so John and I can still be "perfect parents") we look forward to speaking a blessing in his or her life. So this is me highly recommending this book.
Thanks Ange for passing it and its wisdom along!
3 comments:
glad you like it. we also tried to personalize it. We asked the Lord for words over Ivan's life when we dedicated him to the Lord and have used those to speak over him everday. We plan to do the same with Dominique. That's where the songs came from. I wanted to remember the words, so I made them into songs. One for each day of the week. Hope I can remember them for two!
You two are amazing. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to try pick up this book! Looks great.
Yes I agree with Janet - you are both amazing! It has been so fun for me to find your blogs and remember how much I love you both! That sounds like a great book, and I am going to incorporate that into our life with Ronan too - awesome.
Jenn, you are going to just be the best mom, and I am going to love reading about it all on this blog! Just wanted to let you know I'm happy for you and I've been praying for you!
Love Bonnie (mcm)
Post a Comment