




If you haven't noticed there truly is a baby boom going on right now! And as I grow and as baby grows I cannot help but think of my new role. I'm going to be a mother. Sometimes it seems like the most natural part of life. At other times it seems surreal--there is a whole other life kicking and moving inside me...yes I'm starting to feel quite a bit of movement. What an awesome gift and responsibility. I am always grateful for the parenting examples I see, experienced and have around me now. What will it be like--hearing that first cry, nursing for the first time, and seeing my baby turn towards my voice? I never understood until being pregnant just how often parents, certainly mothers think of their children. Not a day goes by that I do not think of my baby--several (I haven't counted) times. Sometimes it is just the movements and watching my belly that claim my thoughts. Other times it is moving ahead to what kind of parent and child relationship we will have. Having YoYo staying with us has made me fast forward a lot--16 years. (The phone is most often ringing for her now!) I feel very blessed and very grateful that God has put this baby in our lives. I know the best thing I can do for this life is depend on God for wisdom and care.
1 comment:
beautiful pics and reflections on motherhood. I'm so proud of you also. You are/will be an incredible mother and I am looking forward to sharing together this experience even more as your little treasure comes. Love the words on the wall too.
I guess you've also noticed how you see kids and pregnant people more than ever and feel this affinity or greater tenderness to them.
Post a Comment