

Yeah today was the day! It was wonderful. I know women have babies every day and ultrasounds have become quite routine, but this is our baby! We were so happy to see our little one and watch the movements. I especially liked this relaxed pose--feet up, arms back. John's claim--that's his baby! Although looking at both photos could give the impression that the baby may have been doing a crunchie/sit up. And the baby was pretty active. On the ultrasound the hearbeat was 145 bpm. On the doppler it was 165. Apparently it can change that much. It was so good to see our precious, currently 6 ounce, gift--the size of an apple--Don't worry Gwenyth already took the name Apple, we have no such ideas. He or she will be the apple of our eye however. I could have stayed and watched all day. I'm looking forward to a lifetime of getting to know our child.
2 comments:
Grampa Ian gets the firstcomment! (No one ever accuses me of being competitive.) Their is almost too much excitement in my life right now. When I was younger, I always thought that life would slow down when you get older. But it is not true. One just gets busier and one has less time to accomplish things. Anyway, Ruth and I are very excited about this latest addition, a cousin to our other grandchildren.
I don't care how routine sonograms have become, or how routine yours may become, they are miraculous everytime and my heart leapt as I saw my little niece/nephew. He/she is already the cutest and most captivating to me along with my own. Weird how this family bond is so strong that it would play with our emotions like that. I can look at different sonogram pics all day on the net, but this is my sister's baby- oh what joy! I'm an auntie, I'm an auntie and am so excited!
I totally identify. Every time I have had a sonogram, I wanted to take the machine home with me and just watch my child all day ;)
Post a Comment