Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Great Expectation...






I was going to call this "Great Expectations" but I have been teased lately about having twins so I thought I better be clear with my title. Yes...I know it's been awhile. I have been waiting somewhat patiently for more news to report (my ultrasound June 2nd) but I guess other things have been going on. (Yes, I will post the ultrasound when I have it in hand.)I have been doing well. Sleeping with more pillows has begun. I have a bit of a heart murmur but am told this is common in pregnancies. Overall my health is good. I truly enjoyed Mother's Day even though I didn't expect anything. My body has only done some work but the real hard work of motherhood--I haven't even caught a glimpse. Nevertheless I received cards and wonderful congratulations as well as a couple gifts--thank you Grandma Sue and Auntie Jess for the footwear. In the meantime work has been keeping us busy as well as yard work. I have also begun taking a prenatal swim class that I really enjoy. No pics!
John has been working like crazy in the yard. (Thank you to Jim, Dad, Andrew and Mike for your help as well!) Mainly we 've wanted to get the one side of the yard clear so that we could move our new shed (our neighbour's old shed) as well as clear a path for the new fence. We are surrounded by beauty; lilacs and irises abound. I feel blessed and excited about what awaits us...

3 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

You look stunning! I can hardly wait to see the ultrasound and here how your appointment goes. Gorgeous shed. I love it's shape. I was just thinking of a more solid rectangular one. I miss lilacs. There are very few here, but we've got honeysuckle that perfums the air. I get to start my last huge project today. I'm excited!

Ian said...

I think that your mom now has seven different varieties of lilacs growing on the acreage. They mature at different times also so that makes for a longer lilac season.

Janet said...

You look great and so happy! I'd love to see what you've done with the yard. I hope we can come up for a visit sometime this summer!