Monday, May 08, 2006

My 30th Birthday







Well it seemed like I celebrated all weekend long. And it was fun. On Friday John and Mom suprised me (and each other) by showing up at my work for lunch. I was sung to by many of my students--which included the added "cha cha cha" between each verse. John and I went out for supper (after all Mom provided a picnic lunch earlier). We had a wonderful supper--minus the snow peas...for some reason baby does not like them and I suspect baby will still not like them years down the road--just a theory of mine. I imagine the conversation going something like this, "You can't make me eat them!" To which I would think back to my 30th birthday and recall that no I couldn't. Friday night we were at the church building for a celebration (not for my birthday)even though it got mentioned. Then the next day, we had cake at the church building and again--traditional ice cream cake at the BBQ John planned at our home. We met with both the Wallaces and MacLeods as well as Brad and Pella and Monica and Roy. It was quite a weekend.
I can't say that I've had cravings but there are foods I have really enjoyed and always sound good: meat, particularly hamburgers. Milk--does a body good.
It looks like I'll have my first ultrasound at 17 weeks--June 2nd.

No comments: