Wednesday, May 03, 2006
young at heart
Being young at heart--when you are thirteen weeks old in the womb this means fast! We got to hear the heartbeat of our baby today. 165 beats per minute. That was very awesome--it just happpened so fast. (I have to admit I was disappointed with a few aspects of the appointment. Because I had all the prelim. work done by my family doctor there wasn't much to do today. This is a good thing and I am glad that I've had no difficulties. I just was looking forward to seeing baby on an ultrasound, but this was not to be. I also saw my actual OBGYN for a whole two minutes after talking to the resident doctor.) I am well and the baby seems to be growing...Last week I had to start wearing more comfortable clothes so I went on a shopping trip on Saturday with Mom and had a great time. So it seems that I'll have to wait for the sonogram. That's what this whole nine month period is about: waiting, preparation, anticipation....Oh did I want to see that photo! Anyways there will be many ultrasounds in the near future. Apparently having diabetes makes this a priority but not until I'm far enough along...which 13 weeks isn't. It's funny that one of the childrens' songs I looked up for my sister when I was in Texas was: "Have patience, have patience." I definitely need this fruit of the spirit as I wait for our baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry you didn't get to see him/her swimming around, but isn't the heartbeat cool? According to my ladies in swim class, you would be having a girl, but according to every study written, you can't tell by heart rate. The mystery and waiting continue. Glad to hear all is well. Don't worry, the wait will go faster than you imagine, just think you are ALREADY 1/3 of the way there!
BTW- I'm just a wee bit excited. I think I checked your blog at least 5 times since the time I had calculated that you would get home from work. anxious auntie ;)
I see that I got up a picture of your bithday party before you did and my computer at home is down. I hope Andrew can get it fixed soon.
Post a Comment