It is the year 2006. We met up with friends and celebrated. I wrote a letter to myself with some questions for January 1, 2007. I will not put them all here but here are some you might want to ask too:
Who is in government? Has it changed life?
Are you doing what you love?
Have you met new people?
What was the most memorable event in 2006?
How are your relationships?
What joys did you have this past year? What sorrows?
What books, movies or shows did you read or see that were considered time-well-spent?
How have you changed?
How have you stayed the same?
How is your perspective on God--same, different....?
I know that 01-01-06 is just another day. But that is what we are given. 24 hours to make choices and lead our lives (hopefully eight of which we are being renewed and refreshed by sleep). I'll have my 30th this year and it too will be another day. What I like about New Year's Day is that I do stop and reflect on life a little more than I do in my daily routine. I would like to lead a more thought-led, intentional life this year.
Seize the Day and New Year's Day both songs by Carolyn Arends are words that are fitting for this time of year.
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment