Friday, January 20, 2006

Disney Day



Each day at school this week has been a Spirit Day. You have seen the photo for Retro Day--let us not speak of it again. We also had: Hat day, I wore my hat from Texas, Fitness day,I wore my judogi, and Blue Day, everyone dressed in blue. Today was Disney Day. I know very commercial. (You should have been at our last assembly where a class sang: "Pizza Hut, Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut, McDonald's, McDonald's....) Anyways, I can't resist an excuse to dress-up. Since were we kids I've loved it. I wasn't sure if people would guess who I was today (since I haven't even seen the movie.) But I was pleased to find out that most adults and kids could guess. Now that the week is over I will have to get my dress-up fix vicariously through directing this year's Musical: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I don't know if work can get more fun!

2 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

I'm afraid that I'm out of the disney loop. Who are you? From what movie? In any case, you look fabulous. Did you hold the fan over your face all day???

jenn with two n's said...

Ange, I'm Mulan. Don't feel bad, like I said, I haven't seen it yet. John still hasn't seen Lion King and kind of Prides himself on that. Barbara, we have had Occupation days like that before--also great fun. I've been a carpenter/trading spaces type, there have been lots of doctors and health care professionals before. I have yet to have seen a postal worker. That would be a good one. My brother-in-law Jim works for Canada Post. I may have an in there (grin). You're not telling me that you'd send the uniforms all that way or when a trip there is made?! That would be too good. One of my favourite television shows as a child was "Mr. DressUp" He had a tickle-trunk full of wonderful costumes.