





It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday and the memorial service was beautiful as well. There were a few songs played and some readings with scripture from Psalm 139 and Mark 10:13 as well as a talk. Children were invited to listen to a story. Families were invited to participate in laying down flowers and finally releasing balloons together. It was a day of shared grief. Gordon's headstone has not been put in place yet. I will take a photograph when it is.
1 comment:
read the last two posts. made me cry. especially after your heart felt, sincere encouragement on my blog. Yes, i do tend to forget all where I came from and thanks for reminding me.
that's what the body is for. I am blessed to have you in my life, even if it's through blogland. Our spirits I know connect. Walking this road with our God isn't easy, but there's peace, there's rest and joy in the midst of trials.
The only peace and rest you can lean on is knowing that God is holding all of you in his arms...
Your faith is such a blessing to me.
I still think often of the title of your blog. To think that a God that doesn't live in time, that he always was, is and is to come...that HIS TIMING is so amazing in this physical world.
It always makes me think of how deep his love really goes. That he would take the TIME to align, soveriegnly (if that's a word) our lives by displaying his love for us. By giving you a new baby, by giving me a baby in my time of grief. wow, our walks are very similar!
May you enJOY every movement that little baby makes! A verse that's popping out, I need to share is "be anxious for nothing, but in everything through prayer and petion make your requests known to God and the peace that passes all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Jesus....
Post a Comment