
Well from university to grade eight to arts ed. to kindergarten! That's my story. Yep in the fall I will be introduced as one of the French Immersion kindergarten teachers. I'm a little scared--not of the kids. But there are so many expectations wrapped in that title. This is the first school experience for these children and possibly a first for the parents of these children. Will I know what I'm doing? Thankfully I have a wonderful colleague who is an amazing kindergarten teacher who will help keep me afloat. So I'm diving in! Mme Wallace: kindergarten teacher.
12 comments:
Jenn - that is wonderful news!!! You will be an amazing kindergarten teacher, and a wonderful and calming transition for those little ones as they get used to going to school!! Congrats!!
JC
WOW! That is an unexpected but great surprise.......you are perfect for the job! No one better to get those little ones excited about school and learning than you! But I do understand the fear....I would be too!
Congrats!
Dionne
Congrats on that new job. I am sure you will do just fine. Surely it's different but you managed so many different things in your life that this will be just another step that you can easly take.
Take care!
You'll do super!Jennifer
Sharon
Congratulations. I always thought you would be an excellent kindergarten teacher.
Robin
I have switched several times from teaching in the 10 program to the 12 program and back. Every time I wished that I didn't have to switch but every time I also found that what I ended up doing was the best job in the world and I didn't want to switch again.
Love dad
Hi Jenn;
I KNOW that you will make an awesome kindergarten teacher...You have an very special gift of making everyone that you interact with, feel important and that you are interested in them...I think that you could teach ANY grade with this gift.The first year at school is so important and special....if I had a child in kindergarten I would be glad that he/she had a caring person like you to guide them. Love Sue
I think we all have fond memories of our kindergarten teacher. Mine was Mme. Beatenholtz (sp?). Imagine my shock though when she subbed for us in grade 8 and still wore the same hippy outfits!
Wow...good for you! You will be great! Now you and Harrison can start Kindy at the same time! I only wish we lived there and he could be in your class, to calm my anxieties. I couldn't think of a better Kindy teacher than you...those kids will be so lucky, and the parents will appreciate you too! (I know I would!) Love ya!
It will be a blast! It takes a very special person to be a teacher! And I think you are that special person!!! Kids need people like you in school and if my kids weren't homeschooled, I would want them to have a teacher just like you!
You are perfect for Kindergarten. A calm, cheerful and sweet demeanor (such as yours) puts children at ease, especially during at this stage when being away from mom and dad can be particularly stressful and anxiety making. Children get particularly attatched to their teachers. For many children, their teacher is their second mother (or father) while their own parents are not around. You are the perfect person to teach these children. You are so sweet that these kids will only be able to love you. Love ya. Congrats.
WOW! a kindergarten teacher. How special! I remember my kindergarten teacher very well. Her name was Mrs. Collins, and she was beautiful! She also had beautiful red fingernails. The things you remember about that special first teacher. Long term memory is good, that's been almost 58 years ago. Congrats to you Jenn.
Post a Comment