Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Not alone


There hasn't been too many times that I have felt alone--I am grateful for that! And that is the case with this pregnancy (as it was with my last one.) Not only do I have my husband, our family and friends but so far I have counted 9 other women all expecting around the same time as me. Some live in the city and are close to me--be it church or work and some are good friends from further away. It is good to share our joy and motherhood. This journey of motherhood has been and will be different for me in many ways. I'm doing my best to enjoy the changes again and stay in the moment. I'm trying to be content and at peace. Physically I am doing quite well now (keep those prayers coming!) and emotionally too. News of other women being pregnant has not been sad for me at all--I think I may have felt differently if it took us more time to get pregnant again. My prayer is that we will all be given that gift of holding and raising our babies. There is one person though that I would really love to get this news from. I met her recently because she shares the same sorrow as I. To share this precious time with her--now that would be special! It all is special. I have no doubt that each baby is a miracle.

No comments: