Sunday, April 01, 2007

I will not forget you



I will not forget you
My boy :Gordon Hector Wallace
Birthdate : 02/11/06
Weight: 4450 grams or 10 lbs. 3 oz
Crown rump length 40 cm
Crown heel length 56 cm
Foot length 8 cm
Head circumference 33 cm
Chest circumference 40 cm
Abdominal circumference 35 cm
His head was covered with short blond hair.
His cord stump was 1.5 cm in diameter.


Parents count in months as do I. Gordon would have been five months old tomorrow. Instead this has been five months living without him here. The measurements were written in the final report done on Gordon. The report is just one more thing I can hold onto. The measurements will never change. And while sometimes parents look back and 'wish' their babies would stay one way…for me he will. He will always be our baby. Someday we will have a baby who will grow, whose measurements will change. For now we have Gordon, in Heaven.

I will not forget you.
I have carved you on the palms of my hand.
Isaiah 49: 15-16

· Deuteronomy 4:31
For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon
or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers,
which he confirmed to them by oath.

· Isaiah 44:21
"Remember these things, O Jacob, for you are my servant,
O Israel. I have made you, you are my servant; O Israel,
I
will not forget you.

· Hebrews 6:10
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

Isaiah 49:15 (New International Version)

15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!

16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me.

7 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Beautiful picture of Gordon. I would say it is "timeless", but the opposite is true. It is totally restricted in time, as are these measurements and information- yet Gordon is so much bigger in our hearts and thinking, greater to us than numbers. I know this is the source of your pain and ours- to know him as he is, instead of the hollow of the numbers. We cherish the picture, the information, all we have to grasp hold of him, even while he runs free of the constraints that keep us from him- time and place.

Anonymous said...

Thanks again and again for sharing Jennifer your inner most thoughts and feelings for Gordon. This is all healing for you and your families. What a precious little boy he is.
We love you! Sharon

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and John today!
love & prayers, Sharon

Lady J said...

A beautiful picture of a beautiful baby. I hurt for you and wish you could know your son as more than just numbers that will never change, but as a boy who will grow and constantly change. May faith and time heal your pain, and bring about change in their own right in your lives. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. And as always, Harrison says to me every once in a while, "tell me about Baby Gordon again". He too does not want to forget. I showed him the pictures of Gordon on your blog to help him understand, and he closed his eyes and started to cry. He is so sensitive and loves Gordon too, and told me he was sad for Gordon's Mommy and Daddy. You are never alone as long as you have Harrison praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture. I think of you everyday!

Anonymous said...

Oops, that was from me,
J'nea
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I will not forget you.
As these words resinate within me they remind me of the words of an old song and bring renewed meaning to them.

I will not forget you or leave you.In my hands I'll hold you in my arms I'll fold you. I am your Reedemer I will care for you.

Loving you Always. Mom.