
Great Uncle Cecil. Like my cousin Amber said on Eric's blog--he was more than a great uncle. He was indeed great--much like a giant with David, the poet's, stature. This photo was taken in 2004 at our wedding. He was quoting from the bard--Let me not to the marriage of true minds...
You were one who pointed us there
Who gave us needed direction
In our sadness there is gladness: you are tasting resurrection!
The years you spent with us
Were full in all reflection
You were fierce, loyal, strong and gentle
Your voice boomed great projection
Oh how the words and spit would fly
with your expressive inflection
Your memory so vast
with that skill of recollection
We will miss you dearly
You've been called with sure election
The conqueror Cecil T. Bailey
We say good bye with much affection
We let you go knowing you've made that reconnection
You have joined your beloved Lavine in that place of sweet perfection
Thank you for always reminding us to head in the right direction
for pointing us to the King, the cross
And that marvelous hope--the resurrection!
6 comments:
I was just thinking about him 2 days ago.
Adios Uncle Cecil.
Thank you for this poem. I could really see him in the descriptions you gave. You captured his vibrant spirit in words that will be cherished.
I expected a poem coming from you Jennifer-well spoken--He was a great man and now he joins many of our loved ones!!
Sharon
It is almost poetic that this easter season, uncle Cecil will be able to see the resurrection from the other side and spend it with his true heart and true loves Christ, and great aunty L.
Andrew told me about Uncle Cecil. I am very sad that I didn't get to know him better. She short time I met him he seemed like a lovely person...
What a wonderful poem Jennifer. Very touching & meaningful! He was truly a great man. One many looked up to. My condolences are with your family at this time.
Crystal
Post a Comment