Saturday, April 14, 2007

orchid series






When we were in Barbados we went to Orchid World. Beautiful flowers were everywhere and I had to take photos. I'm glad I did. Now we will have this series I painted for a wall in our basement. Angela has been painting too. If you haven't already seen it, go take a look at Ivan's portrait.

Finally it feels like spring is really here. I'll be going for a walk by the river with Pella today. It is supposed to be 21C. I love the change.

6 comments:

Lady J said...

WOW! You and Ange amaze me with your talent and creativity! The paintings are beautiful and will be great reminders of your tropical holiday together, and will bring a touch of warmth and colour to your basement during those long cold winter months! Think I could commission you to do a series for me?! I like tulips and Gerber daisies.... :)

pella said...

those are beautiful Jennifer, it looks like you've been having some fun! Looking forward to the walk this afternoon!! IT'S GORGEOUS out there....ahhhh...sunshine :)

Madame Angela Baggett said...

gorgeous and so fun. Orchids are just cool. They are so unique. I remember I had a few orchids among my flowers for my bridal bouquet because roses are so elegant and perfect, but orchids are surprising, intriguing and mysterious. Too bad you couldn't paint in their smell too. Dominique just said "hi". Beautifully painted and done. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Great paintings Jennifer--Orchids are amazing--so many varieties.--and the picture of Ivan is very good--wow the talent of you girls!!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I had to make the last one larger to make sure it wasn't a photograph, it looks so real!

Sarahmac said...

These paintins are lovely, Jenn. I love orchids because they come is such a variety of amazing colours and shapes. They must look great on your wall.