Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Generosity




Have you ever been blown away by someone's generosity? I met a wonderful group of friends when I was an intern in Spain in 1999. In 2001 I was invited to a wedding in France so I decided to visit my Spanish friends and then visit my friends in France. On an outing with my Spanish friends--in a van--I looked over to Ana and complimented her earrings. She told me she got them in Mexico then proceeded to take them out. She gave them to me right then. I have never forgotten that moment. Today someone complimented me on the earrings and I had to tell the story...I should have given them away instead!

2 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Been there! Some people are so extremely generous, it just amazes me! But I'm not one of them. I'd like to be that way, but I cling to stuff more than I should. I was very humbled when the offering went around the other night and I thought, we don't have anything to give now and our homeless friend put in all the change in his pocket. He's helped us out, and skipped lunch, how selfless is that?

jenn with two n's said...

Thanks Andrea,
I got a call from Mom and then I saw the e-mail that he arrived. I am so happy for both of you. Enjoy your time together and take care of him!
love Jenn