
This was last year's Ersatz Christmas. Mom and Dad left for Texas to visit Ange, Brian and Ivan (Andrew also was there to celebrate) for Christmas. Mom, Dad, John and I had an early Christmas. But it just didn't seem right. This year they have borrowed our fake tree again because they're headed to Jamaica to visit Grandma and my uncles, aunt and cousins. I said that rather than celebrate early, we'd wait until they got back. I am looking forward to this more: they will have pictures of family, memories and stories to share, and we will have cause for celebration in the new year. Andrew will celebrate with me and his out-laws (my in-laws) for Christmas and then again when Mom and Dad get back. I can't get too down about Mom and Dad leaving. I have John nearby. Andrew's sweetheart is in Germany--second Christmas apart for them. Thinking of you Andrea!
No comments:
Post a Comment