
I admit it. There is one reality show that John and I both enjoy watching: The Amazing Race. I love the action, the traveling, the overcoming, and the challenges. I often wonder what I would be like in the same situations. (I can picture myself needing to stop and snack a lot.) I keep thinking of how the race is a wonderful metaphor for life. It always frustrates me when a team gets going on the wrong track. They often go for some time before asking for directions. AAAGH! Stopping and asking for directions can be so simple and so time saving, among other things. When I was teaching my students drumming, sometimes the sounds would get too messy and cluttered. I urged the students when they were uncertain, to stop and listen for direction. Just like when we are lost we need to stop and listen for direction. Life is an Amazing Race: "...let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Heb. 12:1b
3 comments:
Hi Jen,
Jason and I both love the Amazing Race too. We even started a Travel Notebook to write down cities, countries, and attractions that we want to visit. I do hate to admit that I can sit in front of the t.v. for 2 - 3 hours to watch the finales. But I get so excited.
I was very happy to see the Linz family win. I was cheering for them the whole way through.
Merry Christmas!
ok, if you and John went into the amazing race, we would definitely watch every single episode!
Kimberley,
Thanks for the comment! I too enjoyed seeing them win. I liked what Wally Bransen had to say about the Linzes--that was neat. My favourite family I must say was the Gaghan family. I hope someday to have kids like that--fun, positive, encouraging and spirited--much like their parents. What are wonderful team they were!
Post a Comment