


I've been to West Edmonton Mall a few times...as a child and in my late teens. John had also been before. Somehow taking Yoyo this past weekend made us look at it differently. I'm not going to say the mall isn't big--my feet certainly let me know just how far we ended up walking--it's just that the whole place, the rides, the waterpark...everything seemed smaller. We didn't go on any rides, however we did go to the waterpark. John went on a few daring slides and Yoyo went on her first waterslide ever--twice! We also watched a few people bungee jump over the wave pool. On Sunday we went to the science center and on the way home we saw the world's largest pysanka...yes it still looks pretty big.
It will be interesting how I see the world once our baby is born. I'm sure I will look at things differently...it has already started.
What seems small to you now that you are older? What still makes you feel small?
1 comment:
I saw a dog once that was the same breed as ours growing up and told mom and dad the dog looked just look our Getta, only smaller. They said our dog was that same size. I know they are right, that I remember her as a big dog because I was small, but I can't reconcile this knowledge with my memories. She will always be larger than a big german shepherd in my thought of her.
I still feel small when I am out in the country looking up at the stars. The world is so huge. Who I am really?
Post a Comment