Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Long Weekend





We had a wonderful visit with Hilary and her boys in Brandon, Manitoba. Before we arrived, Hilary was explaining to her eldest son who was coming to their house, "Jenn, John and Yoyo are coming to visit." Henry laughed, "That's a funny name...Jenn!" I love that story. We had a lot of fun with them. The boys are into trains, particularly Thomas, and hockey, hockey, hockey. Her youngest trails after his big brother quite a bit. Michael, Hilary's husband, has just been deployed to Afghanistan so our prayers are with them. We also took a day trip to Winnipeg. We window shopped on Osbourne Street and then went to the Forks. But before going we found a wonderful restaurant called "Baked Expectations." Great name. Thanks Hilary and boys for the fun weekend!

2 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

to some crazy tune in my head: "I love, I love, I love my sister, and her pregnant belly, and her sweet husband and look- water! oh, water, we love you too." Glad you had fun with Hillary and boys. So, I'm assuming you picked up a crib?

pella said...

Looks like you had a really fun holiday! "Baked Expectations" what a great name for a bakery or a baby store ;)
Blessings!