Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Back at it soon enough


Soon I will be back at work. I'm almost healed up--all the tests are done and waiting to hear that it is probably the same problem as before--just not completely healed. This past year? Unlike any other. Our girl has changed our lives and for that I am so thankful. It is so much fun to watch her and see her own personality and will develop. It is also fun to realize that she has parts of me and parts of John that make up who she is. I miss seeing what her brother would have been like and how they would have been different or similar. It is also fun seeing her with her cousins (one in person and the others in pics and on the webcam.)

I am looking forward in some ways to work in that it is kindergarten and bound to be fun...but I am also hesitant. I think she and I will be fine away from each other (I'm going back half days.) It is just that getting back into worklife that I am not so sure about. Well I'll know soon enough, January 6th.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be sure different for you to go back to work. I guess it won't be too easy either but I am sure you two will do good.

Mom tells the story of taking me to a camp (we did that each summer). The first time I cried because I didn't want to be there and didn't want her to leave. The next year I didn't even say goodbye to her, just turned and started talking to the other kids. (She was shocked by my reaction much.)

So my guess would be, knowing Imogen being a real sunshine, that she will be upset the first time. But maybe after a week will get used to it.

And I am sure you will do just fine with the kindergarden kids.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

It's still a shock to me that you will be back at school by the time I have this baby, unless she is very early. It'll be a bummer not to be able to just web cam whenever, not that we've been terribly diligent as it is, but now that my time is freeing up more, you will be getting busier ;( Love you. We'll try to get in lots of web caming that month we are both not at work. Although then we'll be in the full throws of christmastime.

Ian said...

Time does seem to go faster as one gets older.

Kimberley said...

I'm sure it will be an adjustment for you both. Good luck!