Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The last four months...





I have recently done some catch up posts on my other blog if you are wondering about our darling daughter.

On July 21st Imogen got a new cousin Addyson Wallace-Fenske--thanks Auntie Jess and Uncle Dallas! At the end of July we celebrated Dad's 60th birthday. Andrew also turned 29. In August Andrea and her mom came from Germany. We had a wonderful visit with them. Andrea is such a wonderful addition to our family. We will be happy when it's official (Andrew and Andrea are getting married next Aug.) We went to Canmore and had a fun time (Despite the snow on the Saturday that we were there). In September Mom turned 65 so that meant another party and we also celebrated Jessie's 25th along with Great Grandma Olive's birthday at Rob and Sue's.

In September Imogen's Great Grandma and Grandpa Wallace came. And then Uncle Jim and Auntie Susie came and we had fun with them too. We made sure that there was some work to do-- Thanks for help on the fence Jim! They also got to visit 2 of their 3 nieces: Addyson and Imogen. (Their other niece is in Ottawa).

In October we continued to enjoy a beautiful fall season. Imogen got to experience her first dressup and trick-or-treating experience. I took her to Grandpa Rob's work, Salsa Babies class and my work. Then John took her to some Monica and Roy's, (they got to see Gianna up close!) and Diane and Rob's. Then I took her trick-or treating. We decided that wasn't enough excitement so we drove with Grandma, Grandpa and Ucle Andrew to Regina that night and then onto Estevan in the morning for Mary's 70th birthday celebration.

What have I been up to?
Imogen and I enjoy swim class (wrapping up on Monday)
and Salsa Babies on Fridays.
We go to Village Time on Tuesdays(a mommies and babies--/grandmas, friends and sometimes dads group)
Wednesday nights I read with a friend at Friendspeak while Daddy and Imogen hang out.
Thursday evenings I go to judo.
I have been having fun writing some kids books for Imogen too.

How have I been feeling?
I am feeling better activity-wise. It is good to be back exercising and moving. I love the social aspect of these workouts too. Healing-wise (look back a couple of posts)...still healing. I have been having some tests done (to conclude next week) that have required a clear fluid diet. NOT FUN...(especially with diabetes and breastfeeding.) Needless to say I am not a fan of not eating!
It sure has sped up the after baby weight loss.

On November 2nd we honoured Gordon and his 2nd birthday. While it was difficult, having Imogen with us and seeing her smile brought much comfort. It was a beautiful day. (Much better than to years ago at the cemetery). This fall Mom traveled to Jamaica to say goodbye to her brother who passed away; Uncle Neville was younger than Mom but has been sick for many years. We were glad for many reasons that we got to see him and all her siblings together in Jamaica back in March. Please continue to pray for my Aunt Joan and healing of my Uncle George, her husband.

So...I think that is about it. We are looking forward to more babies on the way (Not for us! for families in the church, dear friends, and in our family...) We are looking forward to Imogen's first birthday and the Christmas season.

Hopefully I won't take as long to write more of how that goes. If you are on facebook you've probably seen the many many pictures I post. I will try to keep this blog up as we grow. Thank you for checking back here!

2 comments:

Trail Rider said...

Always think of you around the time of Caleb. We share a special loss...
Glad to hear things are going well! thanks for the update!
the kids in those costumes are so adorable!

Carebear said...

Oops, whenever i go onto blogger, it signs into my hubby's account and i forgot to log in, that last comment was me!