Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Like mother...



Tonight I saw a childhood church friend. She gave me a big hug and then a great big smile when I told her my news. She has three daughters ages 5--soon to be six--and under. She is excited to put them in their matching dresses on Sunday. She also mentioned seeing matching "Mom and Daughter" outfits at OLD NAVY. When I think about pregnancy I of course go to Mom for guidance and experience. I also hope that my pregnancy will be similar to hers in that she was healthy, her babies were healthy, and she had short delivery times. (Is it too much to hope for the same?)I like that I can see myself in her. I'm so glad that both John and I have our moms close by to talk to, listen to and get advice from. They are both wonderful, godly women with lots of practical experience. We are blessed.

2 comments:

Lady J said...

Yes, mothers are important to have around, especially when you are preparing to become one for the first time! Congrats from Harrison and I! We will be reading your blog regularily and anxiously awaiting the ultrasound pics and news of the delivery, and then all the newborn pics!!! I am so happy for you, and for Ivan to be a big cousin!!! Hooray!!! Take care!

Ian said...

I remember taking that picture at #1 Mitchell Street over twenty-five years ago. Pictures can sure stir up a lot of memories. Love dad.