Thursday, March 23, 2006

good news



This photo and this drawing are of the fetus at 7 weeks.

It is so much fun sharing good news with people. I have been amazed at the reactions, stories and congratulations we have received when telling people of new life that has started in me. Immediately parents and grandparents are taken back to their own baby and pregnancy stories. People eagerly join the conversation and relive their experiences. There is so much support and love from people when they hear the news. Recently students caught wind of my news and they are quite joyful and happy for me too. I know the time will go by fast so I have to cherish this good news time. On the health front I'm doing well. My bloodwork was good and I'm feeling good. I get tired, but am told this comes with the territory. Overall I'm healthy and I'm checking my bloodsugars frequently--about 8 times a day. Look forward to future appointments and changes where I can post pictures!

2 comments:

Heimdahl said...

It is amazing, the way people are brought back , the common thread ... we were all born. Congratulations from sunny Victoria too. two of my friends here just had their baby yesterday and it does make the other issues in my life go away a little when I think about little Grace.
Looking forward to more news and glad to hear how careful you are ... Dad kinda slips with taking his levels but since he is being very good with his diet he's ok. Funny thing his blood sugar levels were worst ... when he was in the hospital eating their food. His sugars went up into the 20s and he was on their diabetic plan.

Says lots doesn't it?

Andrew

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Andrew- that's crazy what you just said about high blood sugar in the hospital, because a diabetic friend of ours just came home after his 2-3 week stay and his sugar was unusually high in the hospital too!

The real reason I am posting was to say how exciting it is to see the pic. (even if the child is not yours, but similar in development). I check almost everyday to see if there is a new post, but even seeing the same picture gets me all excited! OK, so I'm nuts. Maybe I need to post a pic too ;)