
I was talking to mom on the phone and she was asking me about downloading something from the internet. The other day I saw a sign saying "brand new" and thought "Where did that expression come from?" So where did I go? The internet and found my answer on someone's blog. I love it. (This is not to say I should just stop my search...people can make things up.) I love John's theories when I state my curiosities--his was actually not too far off. I know that it is easy to rely too heavily on the internet to do searching and researching for me and it is a great tool. I also recently came across more of my relatives' blogs. I love this resource!
3 comments:
If you want the explanation for "brand spanking new" check out: http://users.tinyonline.co.uk/
Oops. The address wasn't all there in my comments. I'll try again:
http://users.tinyonline.co.uk/gswithenbank/sayindex.htm
I love the internet. My coworkers often hear me exclaim "what did we ever do before the internet?" I use it all of the time; from looking up phone numbers, to doing a little corporate espionage. I remember when I was in school, the best research tool that we had was the Encyclopedia Britannica. Do kids these days even know what an encyclopedia is?
Post a Comment