Dear Gordon,
Today we are celebrating your fourth birthday. I often think of how things would be if you were here. We would have been telling you to go easy on your Halloween candies because there would be more cake today. You, like your sister, would probably be giving a lot a loving to your little bro and you would have been very happy to have another boy in the house. We would be teaching you how to print your name and be doing lots of learning to prepare you for kindergarten. You would probably want to be outside helping your daddy on this crazy house project.
Instead you are in a much different place. I am not sure how birthdays are counted or even celebrated in Heaven or what would constitute a birthday. (I suspect it is all one big party anyways.) I do know that your sister was jumping up and down about your birthday today--she was excited to celebrate your day and about the balloon we will give to you. I know that your too short life that was never lived outside your mom has affected many. I know that we will tell your little brother (who by the way is not so little) all about you. I know that you will be watching out for your little siblings from where you are. We love you Mom, Dad, Immy and Isaac
"Dear Gordon in Heaven, the bedroom it's so highly beautiful!" from Me! --Immy
Today we are celebrating your fourth birthday. I often think of how things would be if you were here. We would have been telling you to go easy on your Halloween candies because there would be more cake today. You, like your sister, would probably be giving a lot a loving to your little bro and you would have been very happy to have another boy in the house. We would be teaching you how to print your name and be doing lots of learning to prepare you for kindergarten. You would probably want to be outside helping your daddy on this crazy house project.
Instead you are in a much different place. I am not sure how birthdays are counted or even celebrated in Heaven or what would constitute a birthday. (I suspect it is all one big party anyways.) I do know that your sister was jumping up and down about your birthday today--she was excited to celebrate your day and about the balloon we will give to you. I know that your too short life that was never lived outside your mom has affected many. I know that we will tell your little brother (who by the way is not so little) all about you. I know that you will be watching out for your little siblings from where you are. We love you Mom, Dad, Immy and Isaac
"Dear Gordon in Heaven, the bedroom it's so highly beautiful!" from Me! --Immy
3 comments:
Amen.
I love the message to Gordon, Jennifer. I also write notes to our first born who is not with us and I think it is still helping me heal even after 21 years. God Bless you and your family from a cousin who knows what you are feeling
Love Kathy
Thank you Kathy. I've thought of you too. Talking with you was a big help when our grief was still so raw. I find that words are a big help to me too. Love you
Jenn
Post a Comment