Saturday, May 23, 2009

It has been too long


Camp Cousins

Jack

It has been too long. That is an understatement. I admit it--I am a facebook junkie and while I still read blogs I have not contributed. A head cold has slowed me down so here I type. Since my last post we have a new nephew: little Jack Douglas Ronald Wallace. We are looking forward to meeting him in July. Imogen also got to visit her cousins in Texas and we got to meet our niece Emora for the first time. What a treat! Auntie Ange had an amazing time planned out for us and every day of Camp Cousins was filled with an adventure of some sort. We are so blessed by the little ones in our lives. I will do an update post on Immy's blog too...she has been doing a lot lately--of course she will be one and a half next month. No longer a baby! We are looking forward to summer, as for spring--on and off we have had great moments outside followed by some frigid days. It gets a bit confusing but makes us appreciate the sunny days a lot! Gordon's book, When He Opened His Eyes, is done and with a few corrections it will be posted to blurb.com any day now. I plan on donating any profits--not that I think there will be much--to a charity called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. It's an organization of professional photographers who volunteer to photograph parents with their babies who have died. They offer a precious gift in a time of great sorrow. I have heard too many stories of people who wished they had a photograph. So that's us. Imogen is a blast and keeps of in awe of God's creation. We get to see the world through her: it is a place of wonder.

1 comment:

Ian said...

What a great book . . . except I have to admit that I haven't been able to read all of it, all at once.I'll have to get in the right mood for it. Thanks for sharing.