




Finally Gordon's marker has been put in place. I was angry for awhile that it was taking so long when I was told it would be sooner. It just didn't seem right that others had markers after our Gordon and we were still waiting. I don't think I was really angry about that in particular. I didn't want to be angry. Grief has a funny way of distorting things. Anyways it was good to be there and to honour our son with a place and his name. He did and does live.
10 comments:
The marker is beautiful.
Perhaps it took longer since there was more love to show in it.
So happy for you and John that the marker for Gordon is now in place-The marker is very nice.
Sharon
Ruth and I will have to stop by sometime to see it.
did you put flower seeds on the grave? It looked like there were seeds when I looked at the blow ups.
Can't describe all the emotions that come seeing the place of Gordon's body resting. The plots are so small, the earth seems both unforgiving and yet gentle and natural too. I will always be thankful you had him, but accepting the loss is so hard. My heart is with you and John.
wow! I know what you mean about grief distorting things....It's hard to put words to what you're really feeling. I have a hard time describing my grief alot. It's can get jumbled....
We have not picked a marker for caleb yet. I was dissapointed when I found out that it couldn't be a stone, but a flat marker. I wanted something to stand up from the ground. I went to see him the other day. Someone was buried right beside him and it was hard to think I had to share that space....does that make sense? it's such a personal thing, and I don't want anyone to share that with me (stangers of all things)
I am thankful I have you jenn. Like i said before, even tho it's via internet, you and ang and andrew it's been such a blessing to have you here. your dad even commented on ninette's blog the other day.
love you guys
It's a lovely marker. Thanks for showing the pictures.
Angela--no that is grass seed. The cemetery workers would have put that down. Sometimes it all seems surreal; that is why it is good to have something tangible and fixed that we can see and visit.
Sarah--that makes a lot of sense to me! It was hard to believe just how many places filled up after Gordon. And yet it also reminds me that we are not alone in our sorrow. I definitely feel that God had helped orchestrate our meeting in the restaurant. It's hard to believe that it's been nine months since our boys have not been here. I am also glad to know how to reach you and that you are not far away at all. I've been encouraged by your running.
almost nine months.
The picture on the marker reminds me of my mom's marker. When we went out to the cemetary we realized all her relatives had "Safe in the arms of Jesus" on them - so dad ordered mom's marker with the same quote on it. The picture on Gordon's reminds me that both Gordon and my mom are safe Jesus's care.
Sorry - I played around with my site and now I see it changed the name to...hopefully I have fixed it - that last comment was from me, Heather.
Post a Comment