

John is a good man. (Soon we'll have been married for three years!) Today as we headed to the drugstore in the mall I felt some sharp pains in my side--I was worried, scared and upset. He listened. He was calming. He offered what he thought it might be. He listened some more. He got me home as soon as he could agreeing that I call mom and suggesting I go downstairs, (to where it is much cooler). Mom was very calm (while I wasn't) and wanted to rule out gas--what John had suggested. So she prescribed me being propped up and John making me hot tea. Not much later I was burping. These are the kinds of stories you get with pregnancy. Only gas. And yet any symptom can have me on the edge of tears, fearing losing our new little someone. Could I endure that a second time? I never want to know that answer. And yet I know people who have. I can only pray for peace that passes understanding. I can only hope with the hope of any mother and have faith that whatever comes, we are not abandoned. I know I have beside me one very good man. And I know that he is not all I have--right now though I just want to acknowledge how blessed I am to have him.
6 comments:
I'm glad that we had Sunday dinner with you at the Station. Happy Anniversary in two days. I'm looking forward to the new granddaughter or grandson. I already have started to work on a rocking chair for him or her for the first birthday. It should be finished by Dec. of 2008!
Thanks Dad. We enjoyed dinner too! There is much to look forward too. At the moment I'm looking forward to this trip. I'll make sure to say hi and give lots of love to your grandkids in Texas!
I am so happy you have been blest with each other. Have a wonderful holiday both of you. You are also so blest with a wonderful supportive family.
Love & continued prayers for all of you!
Sharon
happy anniverssary you guys! We just had our 3rd anniverssary as well in June.
It's amazing how easily fear can slip in during pregnancy (how blessed you are to have your mom!)....I struggled with this too durring the first few months. How many months are you now?
I agree with your prayers for peace and thanks for John and for the knowledge that you are not alone. I know we will all breathe a sigh when you have he or she safe in your arms, and yet none of us is "safe"- that is a lesson we learned and none of us are "in danger" either- we've learned too. My heart goes out to you with the very real aches and fears. I can't imagine.
Three years? I didn't think that trip to S'toon was that long ago. Going back out to Chris and Shelley's after your wedding we were watching looking for tornados. It was a great time.
I'm glad you have people you can call and ask if something is serious.
Post a Comment