Friday, November 02, 2007

Gordon




Thank you to all those who remembered us today. Thank you Mom for taking me out this afternoon. Thank you Sue for the new teddy at his graveside--I like that tradition too. (Gordon's star is Alpha Sagittae)

One year—this would be and is your first birthday.

There are so many firsts we have missed with you.

You are our first child--our first son.

You are Grandma Sue and Grandpa Rob’s first grandchild and grandson.

You are Uncle Jim and Aunt Susan, Aunt Jessie, Aunt Angela and Uncle Brian’s first nephew. (And you are Uncle Andrew’s and Andrea’s first nephew in Canada.)

You are Ivan and Dominique’s first cousin.

We wish we could have held you longer.

Thank you for entering our lives…

You made us very attuned to how precious life is.

You made us aware of how close our family is and how much we need each other.

You’ve given us a heightened sense of wanting to see heaven someday.

Your leaving revealed to us just how much we are surrounded by love and people who care.

We love and miss you and always will!

3 comments:

Ian said...

There will be a great reunion some day.

Trail Rider said...

I don't know about you, but there has been great hope in the birth of our newest one. I am so thankful for the timing of her.....

I am glad that you are awaiting your new baby. We serve a God that makes all things new.

Christ, the hope of glory living in us.......

Anonymous said...

I miss the actual day but I thought about you two the other day. (Lately I was very busy with presentations and all that.)

So, what shall I say on an occation like that? I think there was already said a lot and I can't think of much more.

Just that. Love you both and hope for you.