
Today our minister spoke on Treasure. I began to think about what I treasure. Certainly the home I share with my husband is something I treasure--not just because I like the house and the neighbourhood. It is because it is where we welcome each other at the end of our day, where we can be safe and trusting. We have intimate moments. We can open and share meals with friends and family. It is so easy however, to get caught up in the materials parts of a house. (I really enjoy those home renovation shows.) It is easy to lay up treasures in our house--in temporary things. I hope rather than doing that, that I will continue to treasure our home as a place for growth, for comfort and a place of welcome.
1 comment:
It's good to hear your thoughts. I knew it would be, plus I get a hint at your married life, so that is cool too. love you tons and tons
Post a Comment