Monday, November 21, 2005

slow down

(Esther 4:14 ....And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?)


Recently at the wrap-up of a VBS, a leader in our church encouraged us to slow down and allow time for boredom. He said it is at such times that we might "think deep thoughts," and "look up and see clouds." And so I have a little time tonight to reflect. This year has been a blessed year for me. I have been able to slow down and laugh more. I have been able to see God's wonder in the children I teach, in the drive to and from work, in the conversations I have with my husband. Time is precious. Take time today. Read a book. Go for a walk. Look at the clouds. Wonder.

A favourite teacher of mine introduced to me this beautiful Simon and Garfunkel song :

Slow down you move too fast,
You've got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobblestone
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy....

Hello lampost, whatcha knowin'
I've come to watch your flowers growin'
Ain't you got no rhymes for me
Doo-n-doodoo feelin' groovy

I've got no deeds to do
No promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life I love you
All is groovy

No comments: